Please find how-to documents below that outline how to interact with the Virtual Y website.
- Accessing your Virtual Y Site for the First Time
- Adding New Users to Virtual Y
- Editing the Virtual Y Taxonomy: Categories, Equipment, and Levels
- Adding On-demand video, Livestreaming, and Meeting Events to Virtual Y
- Editing Existing Content
- Editing Menu Items in Virtual Y
- Editing Theme Settings in Virtual Y
- Setting up Google Analytics in Virtual Y
- Accessing Usage Logs in Virtual Y
- Editing Footer Menu Items in Virtual Y
- Virtual Y Logs
Please find a video walk through by the Open Y team that covers very similar topics listed above.
Additional Video Support and Hosting information.
One option that is available to all YMCAs to gate content is through the use of a CSV file upload. Individuals who are to have access to the Virtual Y site may be extracted from your CRM system, manually created, or added to the Virtual Y on the fly.
Please see the below documentation on how this is done
Daxko presently has two options to use to gate content withing the Virtual Y site hosted by the Y Cloud.
- Setting up a Virtual Branch / Area within your Daxko Admin Portal and utilizing the Daxko Barcode Validation Service to authenticate users
- Setting up Single Sign On. Note SSO requires API access and may carry additional fees from Daxko to utilize.
Daxko Barcode Validation Service
Please find the documentation to setup the service within the Daxko Admin tool. The Y Cloud team has provided some supplemental documentation as well. Note, that some information must be sent to the Y Cloud to complete this setup.
- Daxko Barcode Validation Documentation
- Y Cloud Supplemental Barcode Validation Documentation
- Y Cloud UI & Instructions to configure within Virtual Y
Items that must be shared back
- The validation secret
- The virtual area id / URL
- Formatted like https://operations.daxko.com/online/XXXX/checkin/submit?area_id=YYYY
- Sample barcodes that are expected to work with the Virtual Branch / Area setup
- Sample barcodes that are expected to not have access based on the Virtual Branch / Area setup
The following items are required by the Y to setup within the Daxko Admin Portal and share with your onboarding team.
- Confirm API Access is enabled and provide the Daxko API Base URI v3
- This is likely https://api.daxko.com/v3 but please confirm
- The Associations Client Id
- This is a 4 digit number such as 1111
- Setup and share the Daxko API user name and password setup for Virtual Y
- The Daxko refresh token
- This token is a large string, approximately 240 characters long
The following items are required by the Y to setup within the ReClique CORE Admin Portal and share with your onboarding team.
- The YMCA ID, referred to by ReClique CORE as the "Association Slug"
- This is found in the Profile section of the Admin Portal
- It is the non-numeric portion of the Association Slug, so in the example "yusa_1234", the YMCA ID needed is "yusa".
- Creation of a unique ReClique CORE user which will be granted API level access.
- This is done in the Admin Portal at Users > Add New User
- The "Use Core API" role must be assigned to this user
- Full documentation about this process