What is Virtual Y?
Virtual Y is a digital space to provide content, programming and resources to your members in a gated, secure area of your website.
- Available to all YMCAs as a stand alone website
- Easily connects to your main website
- Access to content is granted for authorized users
- Supports Live Streams, On-Demand Video, Virtual Events, and Written Content
- YMCAs control their website and content
- The Y Cloud team provides the platform and hosting of Virtual Y
What are the benefits of Virtual Y?
The Y Cloud team provides Virtual Y as a plug-and-play solution in a secure cloud platform created to help YMCAs across the country.
Utilizing the Y Cloud team, local YMCAs avoid the need to implement the Virtual Y module by leveraging our experience, manpower, and infrastructure.
The cloud delivery model employed by the Virtual Y platform is a shared solution, thus providing YMCAs a cost efficient model that saves not only time but money as well.
YMCAs will continue to keep their website, member management systems and will have full control over the content they provide their members.
What's Included with the Y Cloud Offering of Virtual Y?
With the Y Cloud offering of Virtual Y, your association receives a standalone website hosted within the Y Cloud ecosystem. Y Cloud will take on the hosting and infrastructure components of the Virtual Y website while frequently releasing new features developed by the Open Y team to your site.
This allows the associations to focus on what is important: your members.
Additionally, the Virtual Y website provides the following tools and features
- On-demand & live video streaming embedded directly into the Virtual Y site.
- Virtual Events, with seamless integrations with Zoom. GoToMeeting and Teams are also supported.
- Gated content with Single Sign On integration with supported membership management systems
- 3 out of the box themes to chose from, allowing additional customizations to menus as well as the ability to display key information about streaming content such as descriptions, necessary equipment, the instructor, and difficulty levels
- Pin up to 6 pieces of content by specifying what items are to be "featured" to members viewing the site